This R8 million matched grant administered by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) can help you finance a bankable feasibility study
- The aim of the incentive is to co-fund feasibilities for:
- new large-scale industrial projects in South Africa
- capital intensive, industrial and infrastructure projects outside of South Africa, promoting the exporting of South African professional goods and services.
- It is a matched fund, meaning the project owner (you) must match the grant approved:
|DTI||Project Owner||Project Location|
|50% to 70%||30 to 50%||South Africa (industrial projects only)|
|55%||45%||Africa (excl. SA)|
It is a rebated fund, meaning you must spend first (invoices, proof of payment) prior to claiming the grant back.
- There are minimum local (SA) content requirements for project implementation:
- 50% of total goods must be produced in South Africa,
- 70% of total professional services should be South African, with a 10% subcontracting to black-owned professional firms.
- There is a requirement to have a pre-feasibility completed, with intention from funders to finance the implementation of the project.
With a push to re-industrialise South Africa, and with the infrastructural gap on the continent, this incentive will allow for South African participation in long term capital projects